Human Ageing Process – Analysis Of the Joys of this Enriching Experience…
The Ageing Process in us – human beings – is a wonderful, continuous, complex and certain part of life.
It is an inevitable process of growing older. And unless we die in our early years, it is unavoidable.
My purpose here, is to rightly acknowledge and appreciate the process of aging. And to remind us that it Could be done – Ought to be done (Needs to be done) Gracefully!
This process of aging involves the gradual, certain slowing down, of our bodily physical and mental activities.
Our bodies take longer to digest foods. Longer to burn up fat. Our physical strength and speed of reacting to events reduce. The skin becomes less firm and supple. Same with our bones.
We gradually become more ‘clumsy’ and prone to falls and accidents. Our hearing and sight gradually start to fail us. Even our teeth starts plucking!
We become increasingly forgetful – Wondering what it was, we were supposed to remember…
Now, it may seem like everything is falling apart. But it’s not. Actually, things are looking brighter.
- As an elderly person, you would have gone through the challenges and stress that come with raising a family. That’s all behind you now
- Financially, you are done with the expense of providing for a growing family
- You have an improved quality of life – More time to do the things you really love to do. And the Finances and means with which to get them done
- With your active working life behind you, you don’t need to rush around anymore. Now, you have the quietness and peacefulness, to listen to your thoughts
- Understanding the fleeting nature of time, you are more focused. You now turn your attention to the really productive and important things of life
The normal human aging process – With an understanding that it cannot be avoided – is certainly not something to dread.
There are so many joys to this aging process. And accepting them graciously is an option available to the wise. To the independent. And to the ones who desire a full and productive lifestyle.
– Even in old age!